22 JUNE 2022, WINDHOEK, NAMIBIA
- His Excellency Dr. Mokgweetsi Eric Keabetswe Masisi, President of the Republic of Botswanaand Chairperson of the SACU Summit will be hosting the 7th SACU Summit of Heads of State or Government on the 30th June 2022, in Gaborone, Botswana.
- The SACU Summit will be held at the Gaborone International Convention Centre and will be attended by the Heads of State or Government and representatives of SACU Member States being the Republic of Botswana, the host; the Kingdom of Eswatini; the Kingdom of Lesotho; the Republic of Namibia; and the Republic of South Africa.
3. The 7th Summit will consider progress being made on the implementation of the SACU Work Programme whose priorities include:
(a) Industrialisation through the development of regional value chains, investment
attraction and export promotion;
(b) Regional Financing Mechanism;
(c) Trade Facilitation and Logistics; and
(d) implementation of the African Continental Free Trade Area (AfCFTA).
4. The Summit will further consider the five-year SACU Strategic Plan as approved by the
Council of Ministers on the 2nd June 2022.
5. The Meetings of the SACU Institutions will precede the Summit as follows:
(a) 64th Meeting of the Finance and Audit Committee: 22 June 2022;
(b) 68th Meeting of the SACU Commission: 23-24 June 2022; and
(c) 47th Meeting of the SACU Council of Ministers: 28-29 June 2022.
6. A communiqué will be issued at the end of the Summit.