Wilderness has received a remarkable 33 nominations in both the Best Hotels and Best Tour Operator & Safari Outfitter categories of Travel + Leisure’s 2024 World’s Best Awards.
The nominations reflect Wilderness’ unwavering dedication to making a positive impact. Readers and guests who support the company’s mission are encouraged to vote online before the survey closes on 27 February 2024.
“Wilderness is thrilled to once again be associated with Travel + Leisure’s prestigious World’s Best Awards. Given our purpose to increase the world’s wild and untamed spaces, we are extremely proud to receive this recognition”, noted Hadley Allen, Wilderness Chief Commercial Officer.
From humble beginnings in 1983, the company has grown to a team of over 3,000 people, operating in eight countries and creating captivating journeys to over 60 camps in scores of Africa’s iconic wild places. The company’s greatest goal remains to protect the 2.3 million hectares of land under its care, and Wilderness has committed to doubling this figure by 2030.
“These award nominations are testament to the power of a shared vision and to the unrivalled generosity of spirit and hospitality of our team -– who remain the heart and soul of our business”, added Hadley.
Along with the positive impact on conservation, Wilderness has created a legacy of education and empowerment
initiatives in all its areas of operation, involving local communities and other stakeholders and partners in order to achieve shared goals and have an even greater impact.
The Wilderness camps nominated in the World’s Best category are:
- Botswana: Wilderness Chitabe, Wilderness Chitabe Lediba, Wilderness DumaTau, Wilderness Jacana, Wilderness Jao, Wilderness King’s Pool, Wilderness Kwetsani, Wilderness Little Tubu, Wilderness Mombo & Little Mombo, Wilderness Pelo, Wilderness Qorokwe, Wilderness Savuti, Wilderness Tubu Tree and Wilderness Vumbura Plains
- Namibia: Wilderness Damaraland Camp, Wilderness Desert Rhino Camp, Wilderness Doro Nawas, Wilderness Hoanib Skeleton Coast Camp, Wilderness Kulala Desert Lodge, Wilderness Little Kulala and Wilderness Serra Cafema
- Rwanda: Wilderness Bisate and Wilderness Magashi
- Zambia: Wilderness Shumba and Wilderness Toka Leya
- Zimbabwe: Wilderness Chikwenya, Wilderness Davison’s, Wilderness Linkwasha, Wilderness Little Makalolo and Wilderness Ruckomechi
- Travel Operators & Safari Outfitters: Wilderness
One online entry per person is allowed. Voting closes on 27 February 2024. Winners will be announced by Travel + Leisure on their website in July, and published in the August 2024 print edition.