GABORONE, Botswana, April 2020 —Absa Bank Botswana Limited joins the nation and the Government of Botswana in the fight against the Coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak. The Bank announced a donation of BWP 2,000,000.00 (Two Million Pula) to support the fight against the Coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak. The donation is made up of a cash donation in the amount of BWP 1,500, 000.00 (One Million Five Hundred Thousand Pula) to be paid into the National COVID-19 Relief Fund and BWP500, 000.00 (Five Hundred Thousand Pula) which will made available to support other government initiatives related to fighting the pandemic.
“The safety, wellbeing of our staff, valued customers and stakeholders, including fellow citizens, remains our top priority. We acknowledge the critical role we play in our society. More than ever, we recognise that during this uncertain period, our greatest responsibility and strength lies in us coming together as a nation to combat a common enemy, Coronavirus. Our Government cannot fight COVID-19 alone and it is critical that we support the on-going efforts to safeguard the health and safety of our nation. We stand with Batswana during this period” said Keabetswe Pheko-Moshagane, Managing Director of Absa Bank Botswana Limited.
“Our 70 years in Botswana would not have been possible without the support and loyalty of our customers. This is why we have also put in place relief efforts starting 1 April 2020. These include;
- Repayment holidays and loan restructures on our loan products for deeply impacted customers across our various Segments.
- Offering short term liquidity solutions (e.g overdraft) for our customers.
Other relief measures put in place by Absa Bank Botswana include discounted tariffs for various transactions carried on out digital platforms. For Retail customers, these include;
- FREE Absa to Absa funds transfer on internet banking, cellphone banking and on the Absa App
- FREE ATM funds transfer to own Absa accounts
- 25% discount on ATM cash deposit, purchase of airtime, bill payments and Cash Back at POS (till point)
- We have also launched the AbsaBot which is a robot or virtual assistance that is available 24/7 to answer customer’s most commonly asked questions. To start using AbsaBot simply whatsApp “Hello” to 76 644 404.
Business and Corporate Banking customers have also been catered for, and will get;
- FREE new installations for Absa Integrator and Absa Internet Banking (AIB)
- FREE monthly membership fees for new Absa Integrator and Business Internet Banking (BIB) clients
- 25% off on all Absa Integrator and Business internet Banking (BIB) Domestic electronic transfers
For all your questions and queries, our Contact Centre is available on +267 315 9575
Pheko-Moshagane added,” We will continue to review our relief measures in response to the impact of the pandemic on our customers. I urge our fellow citizens to continue taking the necessary precautions as advised by the Government of Botswana – stay home, only go out if it is absolutely necessary, practice extreme social distancing, and wash your hands regularly with clean water and soap. We must all play our part in ensuring that we remain safe and contain the spread of COVID-19.”