MBABANE, eSwatini, March 2020/ — Postponing the 14th Edition of the MTN Bushfire festival has been one of the hardest decisions that we have had to make, the organisers said this week. However, as a responsible and conscientious festival, prioritising the health and safety of our beloved home – the Kingdom of Eswatini – our diverse community of guests from across the globe and our staff members, has made this decision a necessary one.
We would like to thank you, our loyal Fire Starters, for the positive and incredibly uplifting messages that you have sent us since announcing the festival’s postponement to 28-30 May, 2021. You have proven, once again, that there is strength in unity.
Our hearts go out to our dedicated team of staff members, vendors, artists, partners and sponsors who have worked tirelessly to make the MTN Bushfire festival experience yet another magical and memorable one.
To give you a clearer picture of the impact that the festival has within Eswatini, in 2019, we generated E45 million for the country’s economy. Close to 1,000 jobs were created directly by the festival, and over 900 employment positions were created through the trade, accommodation, transport, communication and manufacturing sectors. To date, over E2.2 million has been sponsored to our beneficiaries, Young Heroes and boMake Rural Projects.
Having already sold two-thirds of our tickets, this year’s festival would have had an even bigger impact on the livelihoods of our staff members, traders, creative entrepreneurs and the Eswatini tourism sector.
Before announcing our new festival dates, we were only 2 months away from the 2020 festival. MTN Bushfire had already engaged an electrifying range of music artists and creatives for its eclectic festival programme that appeals to Fire Starters from across the globe, year after year. Our list of vendors for our trading areas was finalised, and we had settled on some exciting activation plans with our partners and sponsors. We were all ready to bring our fire. So yes, this has been a harsh reality for us all.
But the show will go on! We #KEEPTHEFIREBURNING as the festival has been postponed, not cancelled. This means that all the exciting programming we had lined up for this year simply shifts to 2021. The MTN Bushfire team has been keeping the fire alive, working hard, remotely from home, to ensure that we are safe while putting together an even more explosive festival for 2021!
So, if you’ve already invested in the MTN Bushfire experience by purchasing your tickets, you’ll be happy to know that you can automatically #BRINGYOURFIRE at the 2021 festival with the same tickets (#winning!). However, we encourage you to contact our accommodation, camping and glamping service providers urgently as they have separate policies and requirements.
Don’t forget, over the last 5 consecutive years, tickets to the MTN Bushfire festival have sold out well in advance to the festival. So, we would encourage you to secure your tickets now, while they are still available at 2020 pricing. For those who cannot make it to the festival next year, you can spread your fire and live vicariously through a fellow Fire Starter by transferring your ticket to them.
Despite our usual Terms & Conditions, which state that we don’t give refunds on tickets, this is such an extraordinary situation that we are definitely prepared to refund your ticket.
Holding a festival of this size is a complicated endeavor and some of your ticket money has already been invested in the 14th edition. Some of it has gone towards the artists you want to see, who are now facing cancellations on their gigs worldwide. We also can’t forget the many people who owe their livelihoods to the festival, including the workers who have built our new expansions. In essence, you have already made a deposit on your MTN Bushfire experience. Therefore, we are offering 75% refunds on festival tickets. We ask you to be understanding in this extraordinary time.
Please visit the MTN Bushfire website, www.bush-fire.com, for detailed ticket-related information.
Our atmosphere of inclusion and celebration of diversity wouldn’t be the same without the unique fire that you bring. We cannot wait to welcome you all in 2021!
Postponement Update FAQs:
- Has the 14th edition of MTN Bushfire been postponed?
- Yes. Like most people, we weren’t expecting the Covid-19 pandemic. It’s thrown everything up into the air and, like you, we are doing our best to adjust to it. In conjunction with Government – and after extensive consultations with health & safety experts – the MTN Bushfire Team felt it was in the best interests of the people of Eswatini, as well as our guests, partners and other participants, that the 14th edition of the festival be held at a later, safer, time.
- When has the festival been postponed to?
- Holding a festival of this size is a complicated process, so we’ve rescheduled the 14th edition to the weekend of 28– 30 May, 2021.
- Where can I find updates on the festival?
- We will update you as often as possible. Please check our website frequently and follow us on our social media platforms (@MTNBushfire on Facebook, Instagram & Twitter) for timely updates on the festival.
- Will my MTN Bushfire 2020 ticket still be valid for 2021?
- Absolutely! MTN Bushfire will honour all tickets already purchased for the 14th edition, which will now be held from 28– 30 May, 2021.
- Do I have to validate my tickets for 2021?
- Your Festival and All-Out camping tickets ARE automatically valid. We ask that you keep them safe because they are non-replaceable. However, glamping tickets are NOT automatically valid. Please urgently contact your glamping service providers to confirm your availability for the new dates in 2021: Bookings@Harambeehotel.com & email@example.com
- Why should I keep my ticket?
A. MTN Bushfire continues to #KEEPTHEFIREBURNING! This means that the festival has not been cancelled. So, if you’ve already invested in the MTN Bushfire experience by purchasing a ticket, then you’re in luck as you have automatic access to the festival in 2021. Don’t forget, we’ve sold out for the last 5 consecutive years and we will be introducing the next phase of tickets at 2021 pricing closer to the festival, so your ticket is an investment you can count on. At some point, this pandemic is going to end and we’ll all want to go out and celebrate! Holding onto your ticket means your 2021 festival experience is secure. However, if you suddenly find you need a refund, you’ll be able to obtain one (see below). We have a great festival programme lined up and, with more time to prepare, we’re going to give you the biggest and most explosive MTN Bushfire festival to date!
- If I can’t make it on the new dates, can I transfer my ticket?
- Yes, you can transfer your festival ticket. Please click here: https://help.howler.co.za to transfer your ticket, as normal.
- Is MTN Bushfire still selling tickets for the 14th edition?
- Yes, our tickets are still in demand and we will continue selling them. Having sold over two-thirds of our tickets so far, tickets are expected to sell out quite fast!
- I don’t have tickets yet, where can I get them?
- You can get tickets online through the Tickets page on this website. If you are in Eswatini, you can get physical tickets from MTN stores at Corporate Place (Mbabane), The Gables (Ezulwini) & Bhunu Mall (Manzini), as well as The Gallery, House On Fire (Malkerns). You can also get physical tickets in Maputo, Mozambique, at Centro Cultural Moçambicano-Alemão (CCMA), Goethe Zentrum Maputo, Av. Samora Machel, N.468.
- Can I get a refund?
- Despite our usual Terms & Conditions, which state that we don’t give refunds on tickets, this is such an extraordinary situation that we are definitely prepared to refund your ticket. Please see the instructions at the bottom of this page.
- How long do I have to claim my refund?
- Refunds will be available up to and including 29 May, 2020.
- How much of my festival ticket value will be refunded to me?
- Holding a festival of this size is a complicated endeavor and some of your ticket money has already been invested in the 14th edition. Some of it has gone towards the artists you want to see, who are now facing cancellations on their gigs worldwide. We also can’t forget the many people who owe their livelihoods to the festival, including the workers who are building our new expansions.
In essence, you have already made a deposit on your MTN Bushfire experience. As a result, we are offering 75% refunds on all tickets, including festival tickets and camping tickets. We ask you to be understanding in this extraordinary time.
- How do I get a refund if I’ve bought tickets online?
- If you have purchased MTN Bushfire festival tickets, All-Out Africa camping tickets, Rush Adventure glamping or Harambee glamping tickets online, then just click on this link to our ticket service providers, Howler, and request a refund: https://help.howler.co.za/ or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
NB: Please note that you have to log into the same Howler account you bought the tickets with, using the same email address.
- How do I get a refund If I bought physical tickets from an outlet in Eswatini?
- No matter which outlet you bought your tickets from, refund requests will only be processed at House On Fire, situated on the Mahlanya-Malkerns road. You will not be able to get refunds from the MTN outlet stores selling tickets. Please visit The Gallery at House On Fire to process your refunds.
NB: Please note that House On Fire will be CLOSED at least until Monday 20 April due to the government-imposed lockdown. We will let you all know when we reopen.
- To process your refund request, you will have to fill out a form, which can be downloaded here: https://bit.ly/EswatiniRefundForm Forms will also be available from The Gallery at House On Fire.
- You will need to bring all the physical Tickets you want refunds for & your ID or Passport.
- We will also need to know your email address and contact number.
- You can decide how you would like to be paid: by EFT (we’ll need your banking details: account number and branch number) or by Mobile Money. For hygienic reasons, we will not be able to offer cash refunds.
With all the correct details we will then process your refund within 7-14 working days.
- How do I get a refund If I bought physical tickets from the CCMA outlet in Maputo, Mozambique?
- You will have to submit a request for a refund at the Centro Cultural Moçambicano-Alemão (CCMA), Goethe Zentrum Maputo, Av. Samora Machel, N.468, Maputo.
NB: The staff of CCMA may be working remotely. Please email email@example.com to find out when it will be possible for you to come in and request your refund.
- To process your refund request, you will have to fill out a form, which can be downloaded here: https://bit.ly/MozambiqueRefundForm
- You will need to bring all the physical Tickets you want refunds for & your ID or Passport.
- CCMA will need to know your email address and contact number.
- You will be paid by EFT. CCMA will need to know your banking details: account number and branch number. For hygienic reasons, we will not be able to offer cash refunds.
With all the correct details, your refund will be processed within 7-14 working days.
- Can I get my pre-festival Top-Up money refunded?
- Yes, you can get your Top-Up refunded. You can even get it refunded and then transfer your ticket to someone else, or transfer both the ticket and the Top Up on the ticket. If you decide to keep your ticket to MTN Bushfire 2021, we suggest that you leave your Top-Ups on, as it’s a safe investment for the future.
- Can I get a refund on my All-Out Africa camping tickets?
- Yes. If you have purchased All-Out Africa camping tickets, please follow the same procedures outlined above for festival ticket refunds.
- I’ve booked a glamping experience with Harambee, can I get a refund?
- Harambee will need to know by 31 March, 2020, if you require a refund or if you want to confirm your booking for 2021. Please email them immediately to check on their booking requirements: Bookings@Harambeehotel.com
- I’ve booked a glamping or camping package experience with Rush Adventures. Can I get a refund?
- Please email Rush Adventures SA directly to inquire about refunds: firstname.lastname@example.org
- I’ve booked other accommodation over the 29 – 31 May 2020 weekend, what do I do now?
- Most accommodation providers will be happy to move your booking to the weekend of the 28-30 May, 2021, at no extra fee. If you’d rather cancel your accommodation booking, then please contact your accommodation provider to find out what their cancellation policies are. Festival guests are encouraged to keep their accommodation bookings for next year, as accommodation is almost impossible to get closer to the festival dates.
- Who can I contact if I have further questions?
- For all ticket queries you can email email@example.com. For all festival-related queries, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.