GABORONE, BOTSWANA – Botswana R&B/Soul songstress, Mpho Sebina continues to prove to her nemeses that she’s truly a force to reckon with. The 29-year-old Mochudi lass is slowly carving her own golden niche, musically both locally and internationally thanks to her soothing lyrical prowess.
Her debut album, Neo is an affable testimony that a dulcet voice combined with style, looks and hard work ultimately bears fruit.
Just recently, renowned South Africa media personality, Bonang Matheba was not shy through her Twitter handle to highlight Sebina among her preferred international lineup, after she tweeted, “Craving an outdoor music festival ft. Sjava, Amanda Black, Shekinah, Mpho Sebina, Teni, Maleek Berry and Tekno.”
Queen B’s recent tweet is many of the glorious conquests that continue to bolster Sebina’s musical journey.
The rising singer has also performed in Lagos, Nigeria, where there’s no single iota of doubt she left the crowd in awe.
Sebina’s winning formula is her versatility to effortlessly incorporate hip-hop, soul, jazz, traditional Setswana music and folklore into her sound, which comes out perfectly, hence she’s is this week’s crush…
1. What do you like doing in your spare time?
Eating good food, dancing, spending time with people I love and travelling.
2. Who is your celebrity crush?
3. Are you single?
It depends. LOL.
4. How would someone get your special attention?
If they can cook really good food.
5. What has been your best or worst date?
Best date would be going to see Damian Robert Nesta “Jr. Gong” Marley LIVE in Joburg.
6. Would you date a fan?
I’m not sure.
7. What would you change your name to?
Sa-Ngoma or Neo.
8. What’s your biggest pet peeve?
Violence against humanity especially women and children.
9. What’s your most annoying habit?
I struggle to wake up early.
10. Do you ever get used to being a celebrity?
11. Who is your source of inspiration?
Amantle Montsho, Casper Nyovest, Mum and God.
12. Do you speak any languages?
Setswana and English. Will learn Kalanga soon.
13. Where would like to visit?
Shakawe, Kgalagadi, Senegal and Jamaica.
14. If you were not famous, what would you be up to?
You mean apart from music? I’d be doing something creative fashion or food.
15. Who is the messiest person you know?
16. What’s the most interesting thing you have read or seen this week?
A photograph of this handsome man with albinism with a white horse on the beach.
17. What would you like to be remembered about you?
18. What message would you like to give to your fans?
Life is short, live it to the fullest and find joy in anything and everything.